If you are reading this then there is a good chance that you have at least a passing interest in Freemasonry. Maybe you might think about joining us help raise money for charity and support the local community.
The United Kingdom is the home of Freemasonry with about 200,000 members across approximately 8000 Lodges.
Each Lodge is affiliated to a Grand Lodge (in the case of Royal Edward, it’s the United Grand Lodge of England) which operates at a national level and the Lodge raises both money for the national charities and for local charities (many of which have links to our members).
UK Freemasons give millions of pounds to charity every year.
Usually, people join either their local Lodge, or one where they know another member.
There is a saying within Masonry of “Ask one to be one”, which means that usually, it’s up to you to make the first move.
There are events throughout the year that are open to non Masons (such as our “Dine a Friend” night in March) where you can come along and meet us and have a chat about what it’s all about.
Candidates should be at least 21 years old and of good repute. He should also be able to fulfil the following:
- Joining of your own free will
- Belief in a Supreme Being
- That you have the means to pay your subscriptions without a negative impact on your family
- You are willing to devote time to attending Lodge meetings (9 times a year) and possibly other social/fundraising events.
- That you will never seek to gain advantages from your membership.
If you know an existing member, speak to them and they will steer you in the right direction. If not, then please fill out the form and someone will get back to you.